{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, February 1, 2021

February ...

Happy February

The Calendar's have all been turned over to reveal a new month. I'm working on a 12" x 15"  canvas at the moment . As I type this post, I am looking over at it and it's revealing little images to me :-) things I hadn't spotted yesterday as I took off my painting apron and turned off the lights in Sparrow Studio for the evening. Looking forward to returning to it later today.

I have a loaf of Winter Wheat bread in the oven and the aroma coming from my kitchen is amazing. French onion soup is on tonight's menu.  I made a wild blueberry cobbler for dessert last night and there are left-overs so dessert is solved :-)

It's a cold, windy first of February with the slightest of snow falling. The bird feeders are emptying quicker than usual so as I was heading out into the garden to refill them all, I took my Nikon outside with the Tamron macro lens on to take some snowy garden pics. 
A tiny pussy willow branch poking though a wreath
unfurling bark from some white birch logs
"In nature,

nothing is perfect

and everything is perfect.

Trees can be contorted,

bent in weird ways,

and they're still beautiful"

~Alice Walker~
I see a little snow heart
and all the beautiful detail and markings 
"If we move too fast

we'll break things.

If we move too slow

we'll miss things.

And if we don't move at all,

we won't see how truly beautiful

they are"

~R.M. Drake~ 

 "Peace

it does not mean to be in a place

where there is no noise,

trouble or hard work.

It means to be in the midst of those things

and still be calm in your heart"

~Anon~

No comments: