{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, January 28, 2021

feathered friends ...



I have a little white china bowl that sits on my Sparrow Studio altar. A gift from my son Alexander a few Christmas's ago, it is in the shape of a nest with two little sparrow's sitting on branches.

Inside, I have tucked an assortment of found feathers gathered as I've walked through woods and forests and beaches. Some, have been given as gifts from friends and a few very special ones were from my grandsons, my wildlings. 

Whenever I switch lenses on my Nikon and put on the Macro lens, I find I walk around the house afterwards zooming in on all sorts of objects. I am always amazed when I view the photos of the beauty in the simplest things. 

"If you want to fly,

give up everything

that weighs you down"
"Stop the words now
open the window 
in the center of your chest
and let the spirits fly in and out"
~Rumi~
some of my 
feathered friends
enjoying today's treats
xx


 

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful and thanks for all you share with us