{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, February 5, 2021

Friday Fam Jam ...

Hard to believe it's Friday already!

This morning was "Friday Fam Jam" ~ zoom call with the girls and grandsons to make either pancakes or waffles. I chose waffles with maple syrup and wild blueberries which were yummy, but what really made my morning was seeing my sweet grandsons enjoying the chocolate chip pancakes they had made. Can't wait to hug and kiss those sweet faces again! 
Loved listening to all the chatter in the background as they measured out all the ingredients (and checked, then double checked they had done it right). I was listening to Jewel 92 on the radio and even though I had it on softly in the background, I heard "I love your music LaLa" ;-) 

"Cooking with kids is not just about ingredients, recipes, and cooking.

It's about harnessing imagination, empowerment, and creativity"

~Guy Fieri~
"Cooking is like painting or writing a song.

Just as there are only so many notes or colors,

there are only so many flavours ~

it's how you combine them

that sets you apart"

~Wolfgang Puck~

 Archer found a spot under the kitchen table and enjoyed a little plain waffle too.
Have a wonderful weekend
d x

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Glad you had this lovely time. I used to bake with my daughter and it was a moment of happiness for both of us.

Deb said...

hello Catherine ~ Zoom has been a wonderful way to connect with each other - just seeing those precious faces I miss so much! I always baked with my children when they were little too and now with grandsons :-) a wonderful way to make memories. Have a lovely weekend!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Love these cooking quotes. I have never seen them before. Love that sweet Archer face. Sweet Boy. Have a great weekend.

Deb said...

hello Lisa ~ thank you ~ wishing you a wonderful weekend too!