{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Groundhog day ...

Our Wiarton Willie here in Ontario did not see his shadow this morning. On this, the 65th prognostication, an early Spring has been promised. Just heard on the radio that  Shubenacadie Sam in Nova Scotia and Fred LaMarmotte in Quebec also predicted an early Spring. 
A little early morning baking before I head up to Sparrow Studio & something to take upstairs with me to enjoy with a mug of tea :-)

"It is more fun to talk with someone

who doesn't use long, difficult words

but rather short, easy words like

'what about lunch? ' "

~A.A. Milne~
today's choice ~ peanut butter

"I like a cook

who smiles out loud

when he tastes

his own work"

~Robert Farrar Capon~
Knowing my love of candles, my daughter Kate gave me this beautiful mulled cider candle in the prettiest holder. I normally only burn bees wax candles (she gave me some of those too :-)) so this one was a lovely change.
Bless the food before us,

the family beside us,

and the love between us.
kitch-en : noun

a gathering place for friends and family ~ a place where memories are homemade and seasoned with love!

~happy Tuesday~

d x
 

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I love your cookies.
I myself use candles and at the moment I have ginger bread scented one.
Have a good day.

Deb said...

hello Catherine ~ thank you for your visit and kind words. I love ginger bread :-) sounds like a wonderful candle! Hope you have a wonderful day too.