{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, February 8, 2021

gathering ...

And along the way, they gathered.
"If you have ever gone to the woods with me
I must love you very much"
~Mary Oliver~

Inspiration from the everyday finds itself in a painting. Archer and I have kept our daily walks to just around the neighbourhood and our own backyard. In his senior years, he is content with simply following me around our garden as I putter about. A few days ago I was gathering up some twigs and sprigs that had blown about the garden and brought them inside to make a new wreath for the kitchen window.

I sorted through an assortment of dried flowers, pussy willow branches, and grapevine that I already had. With Valentine's day approaching, I twisted the grapevine into a heart shape and began tucking in flowers. My Birthday flowers came with some lovely Eucalyptus which added an amazing scent.

Keeping with the natural, organic look, I added a simple burlap "ribbon"

"Earth teach me to forget myself as melted snow forgets its life.

Earth teach me resignation as the leaves which die in the fall.

Earth teach me courage as the tree which stands all alone.

Earth teach me regeneration as the seed which rises in the Spring"

~William Alexander~ 

 "And then,

 I have nature

 and art 

and poetry, 

and if

that is not enough,

what is enough?"

~Vincent Van Gogh"

No comments: