{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, February 17, 2021

the little things . . .

Our snowy garden picket fence! On one of the posts sits a little concrete Sparrow . . . I began to wonder if the snow didn't stop soon, that he would be completely covered!

"Winter is the time for comfort

for good food and warmth,

for the touch of a friendly hand

and for a talk beside the fire:

it is the time for home"

~Edith Sitwell~

Archer and I have had our early morning walk and a pot of red lentil soup simmers on the stove.

"Soup is the song of the hearth . . . 

and the home"

~Louise P DeGouy~

Indoor plants have been tended to , freshly watered and deadheaded with lots of new growth spotted 

they always look so fresh and happy afterwards 
Lots of happy birds in the garden. It was so lovely to hear them singing as Archer and I walked this morning. Spotted the loveliest pair of Woodpeckers whose sweet chirps got my attention.
"I live in my own little world.

But its ok, they know me here"

~Lauren Myracle~

*love this quote* ;-D 
Sunlight streaming through the windows and dancing chandelier prisms on the wall

Light is good

from whatever lamp it shines


And while the soup simmers, a little afternoon painting . . . 
The brown paper that covers my art table picks up brush strokes and colours during the day 
Twists and turns of the paint brush and Garden Peony petals appear . Must be all this sunshine pouring through the windows that has me bringing out the coral, deep purple, mahogany, white and yellow paints.
Garden gazing - freshly filled feeders and  cardinals, chickadees, juncos, and three squirrels making me smile.

I've just started watching a new series that I absolutely love and it's on tonight. The trouble with Maggie Cole with two of my favourite actresses Dawn French (Maggie) and Julie Hesmondhalgh (Jill)

"After all, I believe the nicest and sweetest days
are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens
but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly,
like pearls slipping off a string"
~L. M. Montgomery~

~lunch time~ 

happy Wednesday
d x

 


No comments: