{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, February 15, 2021

Let it snow . . .

I have a little plaque in the garden that says "Let it snow" & snow it has these past few days, with another huge storm coming.
Archer has his own little "path" shoveled out in the garden to make getting around easier.
My sweet velcro dog keeps his eye on me as I watch him from the kitchen window :-) 
Grateful to be safe and warm at home
Finishing up some writing submissions curled up in my favorite kitchen nook, sipping tea, jotting down thoughts and of course, bird watching.

The Great Backyard Bird Count is happening February 12-15 and we have been watching and counting the number of species and time and jotting down all the info. This morning as I re-filled the feeder I had a very sweet little black capped chickadee fly over towards me as I put my hand out for him ... bliss!

Happy Monday ~ Happy Family Day
We will be doing a Family Zoom night with our little birds tonight ~ lots of fun & games planned. 
 

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I like the « Velcro dog »!!!
You have plenty of snow, it’s nice.
We had very cold weather but no snow.
We also feed the birds.
Have a nice week.

Deb said...

hello Catherine ~ :-) sweet Archer is always by my side! He was like that from the moment we adopted him from our local shelter, but now, at 13, he is my shadow. The snow is still falling steadily. I re-filled the feeders to the brim at 6:30 this morning and there has been a steady stream of birds ever since. Wishing you a lovely week also. Thank you for stopping by.