{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, June 3, 2021

Thursday thoughts from a garden ....

"There is a lesson in each flower.

A story in each stream and bower;

on every herb which you tread

are written words, which rightly read,

will lead you from Earth's fragrant sod,

to Hope, to Holiness, and God"

-A. Cunningham-
It rained all night and most of the morning, but the moment it stopped, I picked up my camera, changed lenses to the Macro and walked around the garden. After watching with anticipation for the Peony to bloom, just like that, it seemed like literally overnight, there were blooms! 
Knowing Peony season is so short lived, I savour every moment.
By mid afternoon, some of the blooms had become big shaggy pom poms.
Dove was cooing for her mate to return. After a night and morning of rain, I am sure she was ready to switch shifts. As I stood quietly listening to her gentle coos, I noticed this gorgeous egg shell by my feet.
We have nesting birds all throughout our garden - Doves, Robins, House Sparrows, Finch ... making leaving the house tricky :-) We don't want to disturb anyone! 
"There is nothing in which a bird differs more than man

than in the way in which they can build

and yet leave a landscape as it was before"

-Robert Lynd-

 querencia

the place where ones strength is drawn,

where one feels at home;

the place where you are your most

authentic self

2 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Deb ! Thank you for dropping by my blog with such kind comments ;-)
We finally have had some rain as well .. it was so dry here it was scary.
I too am going to switch to my macro lens when my Green Lotus peony finally opens. I only have one peony in the garden, so it is a special event for me.
I love your shots in the garden, especially the shell .. beautiful !
The quotes are also wonderful .. especially about the birds and the landscape, so very true !

Deb said...

Hi Joy, you are very welcome! Your garden is absolutely gorgeous. I love seeing life through the Macro lens which picks up the tiniest of details. I've been spotting all the ants on the Peony :-) Happy Saturday.