{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, June 7, 2021

Monday morning mandala . . .

I love (almost) daily lake Ontario beach walks . . .  It doesn't matter that  the chosen spot to begin and end the walk is usually the same  . . .  there is a sense of serenity in the routine.   The walking * taking in the fresh air and breeze * the birds and at this time of the year the Monarchs are here enjoying the milkweed * noticing the tides * and the treasures . . .  the stones, driftwood  and beach glass (mermaids tears) . Be it early morning, mid morning, or late afternoon - being able to slip in a walk beside the water, shoes off, toes sinking in the sand is pure bliss. I find peacefulness whenever I am near the water and for me it is the perfect open space to clear my head.  I have taken many thoughts/questions down to the waters edge with me and almost always, I find the answer.
A little journaling .... getting my thoughts and ideas down on paper . . .  these few days in  the month of June have already been productive and filled with new and exciting projects. I am needing to keep track of  it all. I haven't said YES to every offer/proposal  but the ones I have I am very excited about. This coming weekend  I begin a huge project that I am looking forward to sharing here, on IG and FB,  with Painting in Process posts! 

"Every now and again,

you will feel a dull ache

in your soul.

A gentle humming

around your heart.

A longing for something

without a name.

If I ever told you

to obey anything,

this would be it.

Listen to the call

of your authentic self;

that part of you that lives

just outside of your own skin.

Let it have its way with you.

I have died a hundred times

trying to ignore it"

-Mia Hollow-

"Freedom is not about the size of your cage

or the power of your wings

or non-attachment to a person or a thing.

Freedom is about being so truly,

madly & deeply attached to your own soul

that you can't bear - 

if only for a moment - 

a life that doesn't honor it"

-Andrea Balt-
-my favourite colour of mermaid tears/beach glass .... sea foam~

happy Monday
d xo
 

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful postings always.
Thank you