{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Hello December ...

The loveliest way to welcome in the month of December ... waking to snow ... lots and lots of gorgeous snow. It's been falling softly since I awoke early this morning and now, mid afternoon, it is still coming down!
let it snow * let it snow* let it snow
Archer and I had our morning walk, then filled up all the bird feeders, brushed away some snow (not too much) ;-) and then I made a little snowperson. Making a snowman on the first big snowfall has always been one of our family traditions. I remember looking out the kitchen window as I made hot chocolates, watching my children rolling balls of snow in the garden, a faithful black labrador retriever following their every move, and laughter being heard through the windows ...

Once it stops snowing, I will take the camera outside and take a picture of my little snowperson... she is pretty cute!
This is Teddy. He's like me and wakes up early :-) so he's the first to be fed and can enjoy his breakfast with no worries of the others trying to take it from him.
Window seat Winter wonderland... drinking tea and taking in all this beauty!

"We need beauty

because it makes us ache

to be worthy of it"

~Mary Oliver~

Happy December
d xo


 

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The first snow is always the prettiest. Happy Winter.

Deb said...

hello Lisa ~ I agree ... the prettiest and most magical!
Happy December ~ Happy Winter.