{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, December 31, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

I suppose it was a bit of a lovely coincidence that the last day of December 2020 would fall on a Thursday. My Thankful {things I love} Thursday blog post day ;-D
I've been blogging for many years and I think I will change things up a bit for 2021. Change is good!
I've chosen my "guiding word" for the New Year and look forward to starting a new Journal.
Came across a wonderful quote that I will use in the first page of my 2021 journal
"I resolve to write
a new chapter of my life
every new day
in the New Year"
~Lailah Gifty Akita~ 
So, for the last day of 2020 and the last Thankful {things I love} Thursday post ...
for my ears
***
listening to Loreena McKennitt
love this C.D. "the mask and the mirror"
We had the pleasure of watching Loreena in concert a few years ago and she was magnificent!
The Mystic's Dream is one of my all time favourites


for my eyes
***
looking through the lens of my Nikon
capturing moments of my day
I plan on taking and documenting 2021 with lots of photos!
for my mouth
***
it only seemed fitting that the last bake for 2020 would be banana bread and corn bread :-D
I wonder how many loaves of each I've baked in 2020? 
We are doing a family Zoom New Years Eve night  so these will be yummy with a pot of coffee and fire going this evening.
Making a pot of three bean chili  for tonight's supper
and a wedge of cornbread will be yummy with it
One of my favourite Christmas gifts from my grandson's xx
for my soul
***
I see duplicate numbers *all the time*
12:02 & 1:11 especially
went to preheat the oven and there it was!
for my feet
***
winter walks and horse talks
for my hands
***
finished this painting yesterday afternoon... the last painting (of many) for 2020
~dry your wings~
Dry your wings, 
beautiful one
In the cooling breeze,
by the light of the sun.

You've seen so much
in this passing year
I know you are tired
but the joy is near.

So while you rest your wings
allow yourself this time once more
To gather all the energy you need,
and you will enjoy, once again, all you adore.
~d.d.~
***
"Ring out the old,
ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true"
~Alfred Tennyson~ 

Happy New Year!
deb & the sparrows 


 

No comments: