{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Saturday, November 21, 2020

Happy are the painters ...

~english robin~ 

"Happy are the painters for they shall not be lonely.

Light and color, peace and hope will keep them company to the end,

or almost to the end, of the day"

~Winston Churchill~ 
~keep your eye on the prize~

I love this quote by Winston Churchill. Surrounded by paints and brushes and sheets of paper, blank wrapped canvas's just waiting for me... to keep me company.

This time each year, Sparrow Studio doubles up as Mrs. Claus's Workshop :-) so along with paints, I have wooden blocks waiting to be stenciled , grapevine that will be twisted into wreaths, paper mache snowmen needing little faces and hooks to hang from, knitting needles holding stitches, needle punch sitting in hoops, a bowl of gathered seeds from the garden waiting to be slipped into seed packages just to name a few things. Gestures of love for family & friends.  I also have some wonderful Hallmark Christmas movies taped to watch as I create.  
Happy Saturday
d x


 

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Do you have any Hallmark Christmas movies to recommend? I am on the lookout! 😃 I recently watched From Time to Time (starring Maggie Smith), which is not a Christmas movie but is very good, and The Christmas Candle (Susan Boyle) which is sweet and wholesome.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Sounds perfect for a gloomy rainy weekend. Have fun.

Deb said...

hi Sandi ~ your two movies sound wonderful! I'll look for those. I have lots of new 2020 movies waiting to record that haven't taped yet but some that I have watched and love are *the Christmas train*, *never kiss a man in a Christmas sweater*, Hitched for the Holidays* Christmas in Handcuffs*, A Wish for Christmas*, Christmas in Evergreen*, A Dog named Christmas, A very merry mix-up*, A Christmas Detour* ... and The Ref are a few that come to mind. Last year on holidays in Vermont, we started to watch a Mayim Bialik movie called "The Flight Before Christmas" but never finished it - I've been looking for that movie ever since wanting to know how it ended :-)

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ it's been a cold day of wet snow ... I have a pot of vegetarian chili on the stove and another Christmas movie waiting to warm up to and enjoy. Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.