{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, December 14, 2020

Time with the trees ...

It's amazing the things you miss. I'm not even sure how many times I have passed by this lovely tree walking with Archer through the park. Perhaps it's because we normally don't walk in the direction facing this beautiful tree spirit, but when we did, it took my breath away! 

I knew the next time we headed to the park, I was going to bring the camera!
All bundled up for a nice, long, Sunday walk.
Archer really surprised us with the amount of energy he had! Might have been the fact that he was able to go off-leash for the first time in months. He certainly took full advantage of the freedom. I don't blame him one little bit. We did too!!!
"I'm going back into the woods

to listen to ancient trees

branches long and withered, wise

Reaching up to thread my dreams,

My faith I'll place unto them

Barks rich with hard-won battle scars

Leaves whispering of courage, hope

Rings of life that guide the stars'

~Carly Dugmore~

I absolutely loved this quote when I found it.
What you see depends on what you're looking for.
This is one of the lovely pines that has helped fill my gathering bag with pinecones for over 36 years.

I've made so many wreaths using the cones from this beauty.
Pine sap drip ... can you spot it?





And after a lovely walk, tree visits, photo taking, it was time to head back home.

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This looks like a perfect walk. Archer looks so happy.

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ it was nice to be able to let him off leash for a bit... it's been a while! He surprised us with how much spunk he had ~ of course, the minute we got home he was on his bed snoring :-D