{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, September 4, 2020

welcomed visitor ...

I hadn't noticed this little sweetheart resting on the ledge of our bedroom window when Archer and I headed out for our morning walk.
It was only until we reached the road and I looked back at our home that I spotted him/her.
When we returned home, I went inside, grabbed my camera and took a few photos.
I initially thought Owl, but after going through the Audubon Guide, coloring, shape, size, feathers etc ...  I'm thinking  Common Night Hawk.
"Primarily solitary* medium/long tail* small beak* perches horizontally on a roof (or ledge)
well camouflaged * with grey, white, buff and black feathers

Nature is not a place to visit.
It is home.

4 comments:

Sandi said...

😊

Sweet!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

That is one tired Nighthawk. They are migrating now. We saw a single nighthawk sitting on a limb of a tree yesterday. Such beautiful birds. Lucky you having one at your home taking a rest.

Deb said...

hi Sandi ~ so very sweet! I wanted to open the blinds from inside to have a really good look but didn't want to startle him. Feeling very blessed he stopped by xo

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ he did look tired ;-) I'm so happy you were able to spot one too!