{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, September 3, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

for my ears
*
The sound of the waves is always music to my ears.
The lake was calm but there was still a distinct whisper coming off of her.

for my eyes
*
the last plant to bloom in our garden is the Hibiscus ... always worth the wait!
Each year the blooms are a different size 
Some years, they are the size of dinner plates, no exaggeration! ... this year, more like saucers :-)
for my mouth
*
Freshly baked cinnamon rolls with pecans & the slightest drizzle of vanilla icing...
perfect with a cup of coffee mid day, still warm from the oven. Oh Yum
for my soul
*
this sweet little heart shaped nibble in one of the honeysuckle leaves. 
I spotted it a few days ago having a cup of tea and brushing Archer 
sitting under our garden pergola.
I think it looked even sweeter when I took the photo yesterday after a rain.
 
for my hands
*
I have a bowl on my coffee table filled with heart shaped stones picked up on lake walks and created a few "Soulful day" bead strings.  Each one is different with  it's own name & sat by the window during the Full Corn Moon to absorb it's energy. Such a beautiful moon!
~ sacred connection beads with a Lake Ontario heart shaped stone~ 
available in my Etsy shop
Vintage Sparrow Studio
{link in sidebar}
Soul of a gypsy
Heart of a hippie
Spirit of a Fairy
for my feet
*
barefoot wandering 
in my happy place
treasures at my feet
*

"I want to age like sea glass.
Soothed by tides
but not broken.
I want my hard edges to soften.
I want to ride the waves
and go with the flow.
I want to catch a wave
and let it carry me
to where I belong.
I want to be picked up
and held gently by
those who delight in my
well earned patina and
appreciate the changes I went
through to achieve that beauty.
I want to enjoy the journey
and always remember that if
you give the ocean something
breakable it will turn it into
something beautiful"
~Bernadette Noll~

how I adore this quote! My BFF Chris in England sent it to me years ago knowing how much I love sea glass. I now happily follow Bernadette on IG and she follows me too :-) It's pretty amazing how many wonderful people we "meet" through social media!

***
happy September
x d

No comments: