{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, April 30, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

for my ears
listening to the birds singing which begins soon after I wake up.
Blue Jay's call tells me  he is ready for his snack :-D
There have been 4 Jays in the garden which is really exciting!
for my eyes
  The Garden Awakening by Mary Reynolds.
My daughter sent me a box of goodies from Indigo. This is the longest we've spent apart!
Inside was this wonderful book and other sweet treasures.
for my mouth
Freshly baked scones.
A mid morning pick me up with a hot cup of tea.
for my soul
Smudging
My gorgeous hand crafted smudge set was a gift sent to me last year from my friends
Darren & Larry who have a company called 2 brothers 1 vision.
Their copper creations (amongst other things) are absolutely stunning.
I am filled with gratitude that they created this for me. 
for my feet
a walk in the rain.
Archer and I head out very early in the morning. 
Normally we would be walking through the woods or along the lake.
Grateful, that we are able to get out even if it is just walking the neighbourhood. 
for my hands
gave my indoor plants a little pampering this afternoon … 
each one got a little leaf washing and trim.

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Aren't daughters fabulous! Small pieces of our soul reside there. You have lots to be thankful for.

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ oh yes - perfectly described! Sons are pretty great too :-D Blessed to have each.
Have a wonderful weekend.