{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Imagine ...

I'm so used to finding heart shaped *everythings* on my daily walks
be it through the woods … bringing home heart shaped stones & bark
or
walks along the lake finding heart shaped beach glass and driftwood.
Now … It's been walks through the garden and I have found some hearts in unexpected places.
The leaf I found with the little heart shape in it (from a few posts back) is in my flower press.
I was outside taking photos of some of the subtle changes and it was only until I uploaded this photo
(there is a black squirrel nestled in the bushes) that I noticed the heart bokeh … the little things xo

This is Smudge. You can't see it in this photo but he has this fabulous grey smudge across his tail!
He's become one of my (dare I say) favourite squirrels ;-D
One lonesome tulip … the squirrels seem to love eating the bulbs
so I was happy to see one left!
pretty little pops of wild violets
"Since everything is a reflection of our minds,
everything can be changed by our minds"
~Buddha~
"You may say I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday
you'll join us.
And the world will live as
one"
~John Lennon~ 

8 comments:

Sandi said...

Is that a caterpillar in the photo beneath the one of Smudge? Upper left corner.

Blondie's Journal said...

Your connection and love of nature always grounds me and makes me motivated to get out and explore. 😘

Jane

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

What a beautiful squirrel! And it's so nice to see some flowers blooming. Nothing is starting to grow here yet, a few more weeks for that, at least. But I love watching Spring spread across blogland. Happy forest walking!
Andrea

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am happy to see that you can get out and enjoy your surroundings. Have a blessed weekend.

Deb said...

hi Sandi ~ it's a furry catkin from our pussy willow … they have been shedding and all over the garden :-)

Deb said...

hi Jane ~ thank you so much … such a kind thing to say xo

Deb said...

hi Andrea ~ I love how all our squirrels are a bit different- not just in appearance, but personalities! Right now one of our garden squirrels (Roger) seems to have hurt his left arm so of course he is getting a bit more attention ;-D They've eaten all the tulip bulbs but one and have been eating the buds on the lilac … I guess they are tasty!

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ it's just been garden walks :-D but grateful for that!
Have a wonderful week.