{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, April 3, 2020

little things ...


Happy April 
from Archer (sleeping on the window seat in the background) and I
in our favourite spot in the kitchen.
Our table is surrounded by 4 very large windows 
where I love to sit and have a cup of tea and look over our garden and watch the birds
at the feeders. East facing we get the rising morning sun and it just starts the day off beautifully. 
The window seat has a pile of overstuffed, squishy  pillows and always a blanket to pull over your toes.
It's a cozy spot (especially on a rainy or snowy day) to sit with a hot drink and good book... or to just *sit* and *be* 


I've been puttering around the garden - so many changes happening already … new life poking its head up from the soil...I spotted the first daff today...  the lilac has huge buds on it and for the first time *ever* the yellow finch have returned *before* the lilac is in bloom which has been very exciting! 
The finch were on one side of a bird feeder and the male Cardinal on the other and the colours just took my breath away! So much beauty.
Of course, no matter how beautiful and colourful they are, the Sparrows still and will always have my heart xo
A handful of  branches clipped last month from our Pussy willow have 
been placed in a little concrete vessel for our Easter tree and I've been painting tiny little eggs to hang.
So far I've painted a *sparrow * swan* bee* feather* owl * heart* rainbow* nest with eggs* violets*
tulip* snowdrops* rabbit* lamb * bouquet of wildflowers* 
tucked into some dried hydrangea
tiny little hangers created from garden twine
and attached to the top
I have a dozen or more eggs left that I may or may not paint … 
I might just scatter them on the table, or place in a bowl, or nest … 
They are so tiny, I had to sit them in a paint cap to hold while I painted ;-D
"Life is a spell
so exquisite
that everything conspires
to break it"
~Emily Dickinson~ 
***
Have a wonderful day 
d
xo

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a fun project to keep yourself busy. Those tiny eggs are cute. Have great weekend.

Deb said...

Hi Lisa ~ thank you … they were a lot of fun to paint! Hope you are having a great weekend too - the weather has been amazing... the garden is waking up!