{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, June 8, 2022

June . . .

Such a lovely way to start the day . . . 

the serenity of  a lake walk noticing butterflies * bees * squirrels * swans * ducks and geese * a pair of red cardinals splashing about * wildflowers * and the sound of the birds

I followed this gorgeous tiger swallowtail for a while


The squirrels never fail to entertain . . .  this little love was enjoying breakfast and keeping cool :-) 


I've been on "peony watch" these past few days knowing that in the blink of an eye the Peony will go from tight little buds to big huge pom pom like blooms and the season will be over.

They are always worth the wait and never disappoint!

After a very heavy rain fall I switched the lens on my Nikon to the Macro and took some photos.



Once the sun came out and dried the flowers, I snipped a few to put in our sunroom.

They always need a good little shake to make sure all the ants leave the blooms and stay in the garden where they belong!

I'm not a crystal vase kind of girl . . .  it's jam jars for me and my favourite are the large Bonne Maman jars that I save. Nice and tall and perfect for the Peony.

 Happy Wednesday 
d xo

No comments: