{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Mornings . . .

Mary Oliver .... I have been carving out time in my day for tea, sunporch sitting, and reading through my gorgeous Mary Oliver books - one of my Mother's Day gifts. Her words always speak to my soul & as I sit with the sounds of our garden pond in the background and birds singing, I  have a sense of peace, contentment and gratitude.

The bouquet of flowers I created at the DIY floral workshop at the St Jacobs farmers market smells so amazing.  In a few days, I'll start taking it apart, hanging the roses to dry and snipping the daisies and carnations down to put in little vases. I always make my flowers last :-) 
It's that time of year when we start to spend more of our time outside and eat most of our meals on the porch. I like to decorate the outside "rooms".

"Everything that slows us down and forces patience,

everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature,

is a help.

Gardening is an instrument of Grace"

-May Sarton- 

I love my vintage dresser - all chippie  and worn and well loved by many in the past I am sure.  She is mine now and there isn't a thing about her that I would change.  Big deep drawers to hold all my gardening tools and gloves, a spot for twine and ties, seed packages, gardening books . . .  everything at my fingertips.

Another drawer holds bird/gardening/she shed books. All ready for sitting with a book. 

Then there's the candle drawer & blanket drawer . . .  for evening sitting, star watching and moon gazing.

So charming, dove tailed &  the sweetest little key hole plate (and key)!

Windows draped in twinkle lights . . . 

my ideas of summer time bliss . . .  

Much like the Velveteen Rabbit poem by Margery Williams Bianco . . . .

"you become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or have to be carefully kept. . . "  

 Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder! 
The geranium cuttings I over wintered are now slowly making their way outdoors.
 First stop, the porch and then I will pot them up for the garden. 
I have *never* had any luck with lavender . . .  but that hasn't stopped me in the past and it won't again this Summer. I just love it so much & every time I visit the nurseries I seem to be drawn to them. I suppose it's because I  have visions of lovely lavender sprigs that I can clip and dry. 
So this beauty came home with me over the weekend &  I will try again. 


 Have a wonderful day!
d xo

No comments: