{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Saturday, June 25, 2022

Index card a day . . .

I've been participating in a fun little art challenge .

A creative on-line challenge founded by Tammy Garcia of Daisy Yellow in May 2011  although I only just read about it.

An index card a day for 61 days. 3" x 5" or maximum size 4" x 6".  I could only find the 4" x 6" sized cards and for me, they are ideal. I think I would have found the 3" x 5" cards a bit too small. 

I haven't been following any daily themes, just taking a card each day and painting intuitively. 

So far I've painted 25 . . .  36 to go :-)  flowers * portraits * landscapes * seascapes * bees * butterflies * hearts * nests *  each card has a favourite quote on the back.

Each day on my Instagram account, I post the card I've painted that day. Please stop by if you want to have a look! 


little one

"May my heart always be open to little birds 

who are the secrets of living"

-e. e. cummings-
you can't measure love

"We loved with a love

that was more

than love"

-Edgar Allan Poe-
take time to smell the roses

"The world is but a canvas 

to our imagination"

-Henry David Thoreau-
wild child

"live in the sunshine,

swim the sea,

drink the wild air"

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Wild child is one of my favourites and it was only once I uploaded the photo that I spotted her elfin ears! What a wonderful, serendipitous find that was . . . 


 Sparrow

"I suppose I am a Sparrow,

a stay-at-home bird"

-Gladys Taber-

another favourite ... because ... well ... a Sparrow ;-) 

Thank you for stopping by.

Happy Saturday! 

d xo 

No comments: