{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Saturday, June 13, 2020

to please my eye ~ to please my soul ...

after a few days of heavy rain and wind
some of the peony became water logged and heavy...
once the sun came out, most of the stems straightened up
but a few were still lying on the grass
I snipped these off
(giving them a good shake as they are usually covered in ants)
made a little bouquet for the kitchen table
peonies & picket fences
((bliss))
 lovely  crumbled garden lady
was a gift from friends & next door neighbours
who passed her over the fence when they were moving to B.C.
she is treasured
"I grow plants for many reasons.
To please my eye
or to please my soul,
to challenge the elements
or to challenge my patience,
for novelty
or for nostalgia,
but mostly
for the joy in seeing
them grow"
~David Hobson~
~happy Saturday~
d xo

No comments: