{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, June 11, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

for my ears
***
sitting beside my garden pond listening to the gentle flow of water
"listen to silence
it has so much to say"
~Rumi~
for my eyes
***
hummers in the garden
they are pure magic with feathers
"we should meet in another life,
we should meet in air,
me and you"
~Sylvia Plath~
for my mouth
***
tiny jam tarts (two bite)
to have with afternoon tea
sitting by the pond
watching the hummers ;-)
***
"Would you like an adventure now,
or shall we have our tea first?"
~Alice in Wonderland~
for my soul
***
finding and collecting feathers.

Coming home from a walk with Archer, a black feather was laying on my lawn.
A black feather is a wonderful sign ~ black absorbs light and traps negative energy and is considered a symbol of protection, spiritual wisdom and magic!
for my hands
***
this is where I'm at with the 20" x 40" canvas I started a few days ago … 
I've been taking photos along the way (I don't always remember to do this, and it's a lot of fun to look back at a picture and see all the phases, changes and layers it goes through).  Once I add the eyes the painting seems to come to life & keep me company as I paint.
Archer hasn't been feeling his best these past few months, I think the huge change in our "normal" routine has troubled him. He has always had long walks & off leash time in the woods and our walks now are shorter and more structured. I know he is picking up on my energy as we walk too.
 I hadn't planned on adding a black lab, but this morning , that's what I felt compelled to paint … Lots and lots of layers and details will go into just painting Archer :-D   
for my feet
***
biking
it's something I absolutely love!
CYCOPATH
noun: a person suffering from chronic bike riding disorder with abnormal urges to ride and feel free
(saw this online and it made me smile)… so true!!
I miss long bike rides along the lake,
picnic packed and tucked into my bike basket 
 but trying to get in a few miles every day just pedaling around the neighbourhood. 

reflecting on the week
***
"Tea, I drink that.
Sage, I burn that.
Mantra, I speak that.
Intention, I set that.
Universe,
I trust that.
Love, I am that"
~Ivry soul~ 

No comments: