{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, June 4, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

for my ears
***
I could hear the beautiful song of the Robin getting louder the closer I got this afternoon as I walked around the garden ...
almost hidden, there she was sitting in the trumpet vine 
(can you spot her?)
for my eyes
***
changes in the garden daily
this will be the first Summer that I haven't visited a garden nursery.
this year, it will be enjoying what is already planted.
How ironic that my 2020 "guiding word" was *be*  … just let things be! 
for my mouth
***
I love making soups
and my vegetarian version of a traditional French onion soup is super quick, easy and delicious
& if you light a candle while slicing onions you won't even cry (much) ;-D
for my soul
***
watching Archer enjoying the garden...
he has been slowing down on our walks and having a hard time doing stairs of an evening
my lovely 'old boy' 
to see him act like a puppy on a warm afternoon is good 
for both our souls

for my feet
***
foot on the gas petal 
country drive
just what my feet needed
a nice walk along a country lane
and meeting these sweethearts along the way

for my hands
***
sewing some cute bohemian hair wraps
***
"to succeed in life,
we must stay within our strength zone
but continually move
outside our comfort zone"
~John Maxwell~

6 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a lovely post, Deb. So many beautiful photos to savor. Very ironic that you chose the word BE. I have a necklace that I recently pulled out of my old jewelry chest. It's a little locket that says BE, when you slide it open it says JUST BE. We need that feeling of inner hope and faith that we can choose the path we take in these hard and troubled times, just be staying true to ourselves.

I love these pics of Archer. I know how I lived for the joyous moments Milo had right up til the end. Beautiful moments. You might be amazed at how lots of love keep them going!

Sending love,

Jane

Lisa at Greenbow said...

We all have so much to be thankful for especially if we just 'be'.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful and I enjoy all of your postings
Thank you

Deb said...

hi Jane ~ thank you so much for your visit and kind words.
Your locket sounds lovely! I call my bike Bea (ironically ~ Ben/Ernie/Archer)… always thinking of our dogs :-) Sweet Milo and yes … the power of love. Archer has 'his days' all too familiar. Our walks are shorter and slower and he sleeps longer and deeper but the love... well that never changes!
Have a wonderful week friend xo

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ yes … just be
I am starting a new canvas - a very large one that I have had sitting in the studio for a while just waiting for the muse …
Stumbled across a word "Aparigraha" non-attachment (along the just be idea) and it was just the nudge I needed.
Have a wonderful week friend!

Deb said...

dear anon ~ thank you so much! I appreciate your visit and kind words.