{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

papery days ...

New Years Eve ...
Reflecting on all the wonderful blogging friendships I have made over the year(s).
Thank you for your lovely comments, emails, notes, letters & pressies ...  I treasure them all xo
One of my very favourite blog reads  is Lesley @ small meadow press.
Each visit is an absolute treat.
Lesley has begun "Papery Days" , and as a paper loving girl, I knew that this would be something I'd love to participate in.
From Inspiration boards to bulletin boards covered with bits and bobs of paper, to twine strung- clothespin-  make shift art displays, to an art desk covered in watercolour paper ... I find beauty in it all ♥
 
daily crossword puzzles & Sudoku ...
pencil sketches ...
 a photo of my precious Ben {photo printed on watercolour paper}  strung across my bookcase ...
I feel his presence with me always ...
snips from magazines to create endless inspiration boards ...
quotes I love
blended with watercolour birds ...
tiny handmade paper calendars for my desk ...
Archer's Advent Calendar
a gift from a friend
with the sweetest little quote ...
Christmas cards ~ I save them all ...
the MOST precious Christmas card of all ...
from my grandson ♥♥


A reminder on my kitchen bulletin board ~ Downton Abbey returns January 5th :-)
{my son gave me the entire Downton Abbey C.D. set for Christmas} 
 Advent tags ...
 and prayers ...
a surprise in the mail today :-)
 thrilled to have my STITCHED HEARTS
 "stitched with love"  published in the Jan/Feb/Mar 2014 issue
 of the stampers' sampler magazine.
 found in my fortune cookie
keeping this on my desk :-)
May you be blessed
with warmth
in your home
love
in your heart
peace
in your soul
and joy
in your life
~Irish Blessing~
***
Happy New Year
♥D

18 comments:

Lesley Austin said...

Oh, Deb! How satisfying this post is...I love how you found so much paper in your life to share with us, and how much its importance comes across to so many facets of your loving, creative life.

Looking forward to coming back tomorrow and catching up properly, but I am so glad to have you joining in. And congratulations on your work being featured.

xo
Lesley

Jeanne said...


Make A Wish!
⁀) ✫ ✫ ✫.
`⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
/▌*˛˚ ░M░A░K░E░ - ░W░I░S░H░ For the New Year˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰ •* ˚ ♥♥"



"Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, Whispering 'It will be happier'..." (Lord Alfred Tennyson)


Happy New Year 2014 may it bless us with the very best.

Julie Marie said...

What a beautiful post dear Deb... I love anything papery too, and always so enjoy seeing all of your projects and crafts... I always save all my Christmas cards too (all cards actually) and all of my fortune cookies as well... what a precious piece of artwork from your little grandson!... congratulation on being featured in Stampers Sampler!... how exciting for you... I must look for that soon... now I want to get all of my stamps out and start creating again too!.. wishing you a beautiful beginning to a brand new year, love to Archer... xoxo Julie Marie and Tessy

Julie Marie said...

PS LOVE seeing your Spring header again too!...

Lissa said...

Lovely! I especially like your handmade calendar...so simple and satisfying to look at.

Cheers!

Mereknits said...

Papery Days sounds perfect for you Deb. I am so looking forward to Downton Abbey, I can not wait. Wishing you and your wonderful family and Happy 2014! And of course that includes Mr. Archer.
Hugs,
Meredith

The Reed Warbler said...

The feeling is mutual, happy New year Deb! Anita xo

The Reed Warbler said...

The feeling is mutual, happy New Year Deb! Anita xo

Deb said...

thank you so much Lesley ~ Happy New Year ♥

Deb said...

hi Jeanne ~ I've made my wish :-) hope all yours come true too ♥
Happy 2014 xo

Deb said...

hi Julie Marie ~ thank you xo my grandson loves doing arts and crafts & spending time in the studio with me & I love having him there ♥ I hope you visit Lesley's blog {you will love it} & join papery days.
Hugs to you & Tessy on this first day of January xo

Deb said...

thank you Lissa for your visit & lovely comment ~ hope you stop by again ♥

Deb said...

hi Meredith ~ so looking forward to what Downton will bring this season :-)
love to you & max xo

Deb said...

Happy New Year Anita ♥

Heather said...

Happy new year Deb! your paper loving journey looks very lovely. I'll be popping in! Heather x

Monica said...

This post is sooo gorgeous. I'm loving reading it again and again...♡
Currently, I'm struggling with the magazine clippings/inspiration journals, because I really hate to tear them (I may want to re-read the articles, and well, I don't know what it is...). But I have hundreds of magazines!! Also, I never find what I'm looking for! I know I have seen something inspiring, but then of course, having so many magazines, it gets lost. Maybe I should categorize into different journals (Christmas, garden, home, etc)... still have to figure out what to do/when do it.
Oh so lovely that your work has been published again!!
Monica xo

Deb said...

Happy New Year Heather ~ looking forward to your visits ♥

Deb said...

thank you Monica ~ I know exactly what you mean. I use post it notes in my magazines for reference if that helps ♥