{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Vintage Christmas ♥ Comfort & Joy #11...

These past few days,
Mr. Fox has been on the needles ...
a simple garter and stocking stitch knit
with a little loop at the back
 to join fox tail to neck
and keep a little grandbaby
warm this Christmas ♥
 my little woodland fox
glass ornament supplied the colour inspiration ...
for both the fox scarf & hat
along with Beatrix Potter
&
'The Tale of Mr. Tod'
 &
Animal Hats
by
Vanessa Mooncie.
I absolutely love this book
& while Mr. Fox was my favourite and 1st make from it,
the sweet bunny hat may possibly be 2nd on the needles
but that will happen after Christmas :-)
 and my 'pom pom maker'
which makes the perfect sized, fluffy, pompoms...
I re-use the paper spool from ribbon.  Simply pop out the middle.
Linking with Yarn Along today.

10 comments:

Julie Marie said...

How absolutely adorable Deb!... what a lucky little grandbaby to receive such a beautiful gift filled with your love... I too love Beatrix Potter and Mr. Tod... and all inspired by Nature!... I also have that very same little fox ornament!... I have two of them, two bunnies, and two squirrels... I bought them years ago at a tiny little shop in Salt Lake City... I remember having to save my money and buy just one at a time back then, but they have hung on our Nature tree ever since... love that you were inspired by teensie little fox to make the adorable hat... xoxo Julie Marie

Tonya Gunn said...

So adorable!

Deb said...

Hi Julie Marie ~ thank you ... I made the child sized version but there is an adult version :-)
I think we may have the same ornament set. Mine came with bunnies and squirrels and owls - It came from April Cornell's shop and as soon as I saw it, I thought "Tasha Tudor" ... I have them on a miniature Nature tree in my dining room ♥

Deb said...

thank you Plain & Joyful Living ♥

Julie Marie said...

Oooh, I wish I had the owls too!... I hope you will post your little Nature tree... I LOVE Tasha Tudor as well... xoxo Julie Marie

Mereknits said...

Oh my goodness Deb, you may have made the cutest thing I have ever seen. Great job.
Hugs,
Meredith

Deb said...

Julie Marie ~ yes, I will post my little nature tree for you to see xo

Deb said...

thank you Meredith ~ that means a lot to me coming from you ...you are such an amazing knitter!

Taci simmons said...

Hi deb, I just came to visit you after I saw Meredith's comment with the gift you sent to her. How generous of you and she mentioned how much she loves your blog... I have to say she is absolutely right. I love your work and your pictures are great. I'll be coming back to visit you many more times. If you have a second come over and check my blog. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and holiday !

Deb said...

thank you Taciana ~ Merry Christmas ♥ I will stop by and visit you soon.