{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Texture Tuesday ...

~MeSsY Nest~
Texture: Kim Klassen : poetic
***
spotted this messy nest on one of our walks
Far from the city's dust and heat
I get but sounds and odors sweet
Who can wonder I love to stay
Week after week here hidden away
In this sly nook that I love the best
This little brown house
like a ground-birds nest.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox~
 
the other morning while making tea, I heard that horrible crash against the dining room window...
you know that a poor bird has hit it & go running to make sure it is o.k.
I found this sweet little wren - toppled over, eyes closed, head first on the window ledge.
I kept watch over him and a few minutes later he jumped to his feet - I'm not sure who was more startled, him or me :-)  He stayed on the ledge for about another 5 minutes or so still getting his bearings and then flew away ♥
***
Linking with Texture Tuesday.

10 comments:

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Oh I know that sound only with me it's pigeons ! Thanks for visiting today.

Beverly said...

Ah, the poor thing, hitting the glass. Birds seem to be resilient about those kind of crashes. It is such a cute little thing - I've never seen a young wren. Thanks for sharing!

Mereknits said...

Oh No! Bless his/her heart, I hope the little one is safely flying south with fiends.
Hugs,
Meredith

Joy said...

I'm so happy to know that sweet little bird recovered! I have had similar experiences over the years and at times have held the little ones in my hand until he/she was ready to go; it's always a thrill to know they are alright! Joy x

Anonymous said...

Birds are so amazing with the way they recover from collisions with windows! So glad the little wren is okay. Great photos.

Julie Marie said...

Oooh, I am so happy he was okay and able to fly away... we bought these wonderful little stick on hummingbird images that go on our front windows... they just look clear to us, but to the birds on the outside, they appear bright and let them know there is a window here that they cannot fly through... we haven't had any more of our feathered friends fly into the window since we put them up several years ago... xoxo Julie Marie

Rosie Grey said...

Oh, how lovely! I'm glad he recovered!

maritza said...

I hate that sound! So glad this little beauty is OK and so glad you captured the moment.

Deb said...

thank you for all your lovely comments ♥ sweet wren has been bopping up and down on our deck steps eating all the seeds scattered from the squirrels :-)

Anonymous said...

At our house, it seems to be the Doves that manage to fly into our windows. I hate that sound because sometimes it means I have to dispose of the poor things. :(