{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, November 22, 2013

A Vintage Christmas ♥Comfort & Joy {#1} ...

It's that time of year ...
so many ideas floating around in my head... scraps of paper cover my desk with quickly jotted down thoughts & sketches of what I want to create, make & bake :-)
while the weeks in November onward seem to fly by!
A chronic pain flair up & migraine took up most of this week.
I need to remember the importance of PACING.
I started on some felt stuffed foxes {so cute}
and some felt Christmas ornaments to send to friends ...
and of course ~ coffee stained tags to attach to gifts
as well as hang outdoors.
This years tags took on the look of aged leather :-D
To make the tags:
You will need ~ card stock, strong coffee solution, hole punch, stamps & ink, twine.
***
  cut up card stock - 2 1/2 " x 5"
  clip the two top sides 1/2" down
 {you could use a shipping tag as a template if you have one}
using a hole punch, make a hole along the top for attaching twine later
soak tags in a strong coffee solution
{ I roll the paper tags from the bottom up, and gently scrunch them at this point to give them an aged appearance once dried}
Place on parchment lined cookie sheets in a pre-heated oven 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
Using your favourite stamps ~ add Christmas sentiments to your tags.
Attach bakers twine  & tie on to brown paper wrapped packages for a lovely organic, natural look.
As well as parcels, I hang these tags on our mailbox, lanterns, "bird tree" outside, wreaths,
turn them into stocking name tags, Christmas cookie jar labels ... the uses are endless.

Over the next few weeks leading up to Christmas, I'll share some of the things I love to make each year to decorate my home & give as gifts. 
Homemade wrapping ♥ kissing ball♥ candle cases♥ advent♥ picture easels♥ photo frames♥
~xo~
~A Vintage Christmas♥ Comfort & Joy~

7 comments:

Julie Marie said...

It all just sounds so wonderful Deb!... love the little truck that belonged to your husband as a child... and carries not only the little tree, but memories for him, your son, and now your grandson... that's what Christmas is all about... can't wait to see all of your crafts... and get some yummy recipes from you too... enjoy this time doing the things you love... I too forget to pace myself with my fibromyalgia... and like you, I tend to go warp speed when I am feeling okay, then I pay the price later... please take some time to rest and relax!...although I am sure your crafts are relaxing!... xoxo Julie Marie

Monica said...

So beautiful! I love everything, and can't wait for you to share more.... that little truck is so sweet! How beautiful that it has passed along the generations in your family.
Love,
Monica xoxo

Lori ann said...

deb i hope you feel better. i love all your makings, especially the fox, can't wait to see him!

Jeanne said...

I love all you share.........Beautiful indeed.
Much love

Jeanne

Mereknits said...

Deb, I so hope you are feeling better. I had such a bad headache last weekend I thought I was going to crumble, so I know where you are at. Rest and relax if you can.
Hugs,
Meredith

Starr White said...

Love your new holiday header, Deb; and thanks for sharing how to make those wonderful "aged" tags. I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us :)

Deb said...

thank you so much Julie Marie, Monica, Lori Ann, Jeanne, Meredith & Starr ♥