{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, February 11, 2022

Nordic poles along the pier . . .

I had a few errands to run yesterday afternoon & brought my Nordic walking poles along with me in the van so I could stop off and have a nice walk along the Hamilton waterfront.
It was cold and windy, but so invigorating & perfect for blowing out all the cobwebs! 

The path was clear and made for wonderful walking . . .  and that view! For a winter and snow loving girl , who could ask for more? Not I!
"I prefer Winter and Fall,

when you feel the bone structure of the landscape,

the loneliness of it

the dead feeling of Winter.

something waits beneath it,

the whole story doesn't show"

-Andrew Wyeth-
"It is the life of the crystal,

the architect of the flake,

the fire of the frost,

the soul of the sunbeam.

This crisp Winter air is full of it"

-John Burroughs-
Bundled up happiness xo

 

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Hi, I do envy you a little bit of snow but not the very cold temperatures. No snow where I live, but still time 😊.

Deb said...

Hi Chris :-D I must admit that not many share my enthusiasm for the snow/cold xo