{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day . . .

Wishing you a very
Happy Valentine's Day!
&
sharing some of my favourite quotes and photos from my corner of the world xo



"Beginning the day,

I see that life is a miracle.

Attentive to each moment,

I keep my mind clear like a calm river.

Waking up this morning, I smile.

Twenty-four brand new hours before me.

I vow to live fully in each moment

and to look at all beings 

with eyes of compassion"

-Thich Nhat Hanh- 


"The things that matter most in our lives

are not fantastic or grand.

They are the moments when we touch one another

when we are there in the most attractive or caring way"

-Jack Kornfield-
"Cooking is like love.
It should be entered into with abandon 
or not at all"
-Harriet Van Horne-

"I can never get a cup of tea large enough

or a book long enough

to suit me!"

-C.S. Lewis-

"May no gift be too small to give

nor too simple to receive

which is wrapped in thoughtfulness

and tied with love"

-L. O. Baird-
"We need not think alike

to love alike"

-Francis David-
"We loved with a love

that was more

than love"

-Edgar Allan Poe-
"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart"
-William Wordsworth-

"There is no remedy for love

but to love more"

-Henry David Thoreau-
"The holiest of all holidays

are those kept by ourselves in silence and apart,

the secret anniversaries

of the heart ..."

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow-
"I was always a lover
of soft-winged things"
-Victor Hugo-

 

No comments: