{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Archer



I believe in synchronicity... I recently read it described as "a cause and effect relationship to every single thing". Seeing numbers * spirit animals * timing * dreams.

After Archer passed on February 22nd , I saw the number 2 everywhere - 2:22 and today has been no exception opening up my IPad to see  2:02 on 2/22/22.

The number 2 is a very powerful angel number.

 I just glanced down at the corner of the computer screen as I typed this post and it was 2:12.

I can hardly believe that today marks 1 year without him.

One lone seagull  flies overhead when I go out walking. No matter where I walk, there will be a gull and Archer is the only animal that has appeared in my dreams.

Not surprisingly, it is pouring outside today. The skies have opened up!

Having my daughter Kate lend me this book "Things no one else can teach us" by Humble the Poet and opening it up to Chapter 4 - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" was totally synchronistic. 

This book fell into my hands exactly when I needed it.   The first 2, 2 1/2 pages of Chapter 4 had me smiling and laughing, the remainder had me sobbing as Kanwer Singh aka Humble the Poet writes about his own experience with his dog Himmatt,  but it was a healing sobbing. The releasing of emotion sobbing, the empathy for another who has experienced the loss of a pet so deeply loved and the feeling of being recognized by another at just how painful loosing your pet is.

I wasn't sure this post would get the "publish" button clicked. It felt so personal writing it, but anyone who has followed my blog or instagram will know Archer and maybe there is someone else who has lost a pet & this post might help them... 
"We have a secret, you and I
that no one else shall know
for who but I can see you lie
each night in fire glow?
And who but I 
can reach my hand before we go to bed
and feel the living warmth of you
and touch your silken head?
And only I walk woodland paths
and see ahead of me
your small form racing with the wind,
so young again and free.
And only I can see you swim
in every brook I pass
and when I call no one but I
can see the bending grass'
-Unknown-

My Velcro dog with proof in our tracks and we covered many wonderful miles together over the years side by side.
I love this photo for so many reasons! I had been asked for a photo for a magazine my art was going to be on the cover of. Archer being by my side *always* was in each and every attempt at getting one of me with some art :-) In the end, it's the one I submitted and I'm so happy I did. 
Archer Stanley Dolan
loved forever
xo

 "Do not cry because they are past
Smile, because they once were"
-Ludwig Jacobowski- 

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

A very touching tribute to Archer.
He was a beautiful companion to you.
God bless Archer and you
Love Jeanne

Deb said...

thank you so much Jeanne xo