{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Sunday, March 14, 2021

Spring forward . . .

Daydream 
because the soul
needs to fly

Is there anything more charming than a swing? Especially an old, wooden, well loved swing, hanging from an old and very loved tree!  Those were my thoughts as I painted Daydreaming . . .  because what better place to daydream than on a swing. 

"Cling, swing, Spring, sing,
Swing up into the apple tree"
-T.S. Eliot-

 
"Grown ups are complicated creatures, 
full of quirks and secrets"
-Roald Dahl-







2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I did a garden tour a few years ago and there was a swing in their forested area. I didn't want to leave. Your painting brought back that fond memory and more...I went straight back to my childhood swing. Happiness...

Deb said...

hello Lisa ~ thank you so much! I love garden tours too, the one you visited sounds wonderful. There is something so utterly charming about a swing isn't there? perhaps it is all the memories that are "tied" into them. I have many lovely ones and I am glad you do too. Thank you for stopping by and letting me know. Have a wonderful day!