{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Saturday, March 6, 2021

Hands & Heart . . .

I haven't walked along the beach for what seems like ages ... not wanting to leave Archer alone at home.

I can hardly believe that it has almost been 2 weeks since his passing. We are missing him terribly!

 Now, when I sit down at my art table, it's beach scenes that pour out of me.

Perhaps it's all the shades of blue that I find soothing . . .or  the motion of waves and clouds .
"I believe art is utterly important.

It is one of the things that could save us"

~Mary Oliver~
Yesterday was a baking day. I looked through my "baking binder" and decided on cheese biscuits to have with supper, lemon cakes, and custard squares. Forgot to take a photo of the custard squares . . . ended up going for a long walk once everything was out of the oven and all the dishes were done and after tasting all the above mentioned goodies :-) 
I had re-filled all the feeders early in the morning, and the birds (and squirrels) kept me company as I rolled, whisked, mixed and stirred. Lots of bird "couples" arriving daily now, the doves, the cardinals, and a sweet little pair of chickadees that have been showing lots of interest in one of our bird houses.
The stream of sunshine pouring through the kitchen window is deceiving ... the garden is still full of snow and it was bitterly cold outside. 





"To be creative

means to be in love with life.

You can be creative only if you love life enough

that you want to embrace its beauty,

you want to bring more music to it,

a little more poetry to it,

a little more dance to it"

~Osho~ 

 Hope you are having a weekend filled with beauty!

d x

No comments: