{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, August 20, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

for my ears
*
the happy sound of bees buzzing around the garden

"If you could just stop all the stories for a minute about what is happening
and why and go outside and listen, you would hear the Mother calling.
Step away from all the online this and that, the arguments and the agendas.
Put your hands in some dirt. Lift your eyes to the sky. Press your body down into
the earth's body and give up all your foolish notions of control.
Relinquish these ideas of what and whom you must conquer. These are your
poisons now. And if you can't go outside, stick your head out a window and drink
in the fresh air; look up at the clouds and the stars and the moon.
Find a tree somewhere, or a flower, or a blade of grass, and even over the distance,
connect your heart to it. Send it your prayers and receive Hers.
Let Her remind you of the preciousness of this life, the immediate intimacy
of each breathe, each moment. Listen and remember Her.
Listen and love Her.
Touch Her, feel Her, breathe Her, smell Her, thank Her.
This is your return.
We have gone so far astray, but to come home is this simple.
Return.
She is calling you.
Return"
~Jessica Hesser~

for my eyes
*
this week, there have been so many monarchs in the garden
they love the purple larkspur

"better to live my own destiny imperfectly
than to live an imitation of somebody else's"
~Bhagavad Gita~ 
for my mouth
*
I know I say this every Summer, but we have such amazing, fresh produce in Ontario!
So grateful for our farmers and staff that are growing and picking the peaches, apples, cherries  etc ... 
This week,  I've boiled corn on the cob and enjoyed it with herbed butter * made apple cobbler * sliced peaches on yogurt with homemade granola ...
After this morning's bike ride, I enjoyed a lovely juicy peach from the snack bowl.
I picked up two baskets of peaches so I can make some peach jam (to spread on freshly baked corn bread .... Oh yum)
for my soul
*
laying on the grass and looking up at the trees
~for me ... a necessity~
this week I had the urge to walk the woods ... be amongst the trees...
the silence, the scent (especially after the rain), the sound of leaves blowing in the wind, birds joyfully singing
After a good tree hugging (thank goodness no social distancing is needed amongst the trees!)
I felt so good.
Wrote a poem which turned into a painting
~listen~ 
for my hands
*
the flowers are beginning to turn in the garden and soon I will be cutting and bundling them up to dry.
I have a few "drying racks" in my home, but thought I'd make one for Sparrow Studio.
I used a lovely old piece of driftwood I had ( it looks like a snake or mermaid :-) as it has a definite
shape and is lovely and gnarly and twisted and looks as though it has weathered more than a few storms. 
for my feet
*
bliss ... walking along the lake
any concerns/worrisome thoughts/stagnant energy/ dissipates as I carry my sandals and 
the soft warm sand welcomes me back!
happy feet xo 
"You fall, you rise, you make mistakes,
you live, you learn. You're human, not perfect.
You've been hurt, but you're alive.
Think of what a precious privilege  it is to be alive ~ to think,
to breathe, to enjoy, and to chase the things you love.
Sometimes, there is sadness in our journey, but there is also a lot of beauty.
We must keep putting one foot in front of the other even when we hurt,
for we will never know what is waiting for us just around the bend"
~Ritu Ghatourey~
Think Grow Prosper 

No comments: