{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Sunday, August 2, 2020

National Coloring Book Day ...

I can hardly believe that it's been almost 5 years
since my Illustration Soulful Whispers was chosen as the cover for 
The Coloring Studio
Premier Issue
"Artists are just children
who refused to put down their crayons"
~Al Hirschfeld~ 
some of my other illustrations are scattered throughout the 112 pages of pure inspiration.
Coloring is our first primal art form... bringing back childhood memories of simply picking up a crayon and creating.
It's one of my favourite pastimes to do with my grandsons.
I remember when The Coloring Studio hit the stands and my grandson Hayden was sitting across the art table from me. We were coloring and chatting away and he said "I told everyone at school that my LaLa is a famous artist :-) ... you can see her art on the magazine The Coloring Studio". He paused for a bit and then added , "one of the girls said 'she is?' and kissed me... thank you LaLa" ;-D 

"You can't use up creativity.
The more you use,
the more you have"
~Maya Angelou~
travelling suitcase for taking out into the garden...
coloring book, pens, paper, stamps ...
creative minds
are rarely
tidy

got creative with some of my illustrations
and turned them into coloring cards
I hope you carve out some time today to celebrate 
national coloring book day ... 
sharpen some pencil crayons & color ...
inside and outside the lines
which is what I will be doing on this very rainy Sunday afternoon! 

~happy August, happy Sunday~ 
d xo

4 comments:

Ellen D. said...

I have enjoyed coloring since my retirement last year and especially during this "stay at home" period. I have been able to order greeting cards that I can color myself and save for special occasions. Makes me feel productive while I binge-watch Netflix!

Deb said...

Hi Ellen ~ thank you for your visit ... coloring is the perfect "stay at home" activity! And a little tv binge watching is good too ;-D I'm looking forward to Martha Stewart's new series starting tonight. Have a wonderful day.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Today is also National Ice Cream Sandwich Day. A coloring book and an ice cream sanwich sounds like a perfect evening. Love your illustrations.

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ thank you. I didn't know it was Ice cream sandwich day! Yes, I agree ... a little coloring while eating an ice cream sandwich sounds wonderful! Hope you got to enjoy both.