{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, July 3, 2020

week in reflection ...

my 'thankful  {things I love}thursday' post … a day late ;-) … but just as thankful!
for my ears
***
the sound of sweet baby Robins who have been splashing about in the tiny dish of water
that sits at the edge of the pond. Nice and safe for little ones just finding their way in the world. 
for my eyes
***
the daisies are in bloom in Sparrow's Garden.
They have always been my  favourite flower .
I've cut a few stems for the kitchen table 
for my mouth
***
homemade spinach gnocchi
with roasted tomato sauce
for my soul
***
finding a heart 
it just feels like a little love note from the Universe
xo
for my hands
***
the joy of holding a paint brush
~bliss~
for my feet
***
an open field … just for us! 
somewhere only we know
"... I walked across an empty land.
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand.
I felt the earth beneath my feet.
Sat by the river and it made me complete …"
~Keane~
reflecting
*** 
"Don't underestimate the power of thinking
about someone kindly,
singing a song,
putting flowers in the corner as an offering of beauty to life;
of creating a beautiful dinner table,
treating your body kindly;
of making art,
playing,
or creating ritual and ceremony.
All of these actions create our world"
~Chameli Ardagh~ 
{I've done all the above this week}
xo d 
Have a wonderful weekend

4 comments:

Connie said...

We all have much to be thankful for, there are many blessings to count each and every day.
Have a sweet weekend.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Happy 4th of July. I hope you have a ritual you follow for this holiday. Be safe. Be happy...

Deb said...

hello Connie ~ we certainly do! Thank you for your visit and I hope you are having a wonderful weekend ~ it's a hot one here.

Deb said...

hello Lisa ~ Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July celebration... we have so many wonderful memories of time spent in America especially the year spent in Michigan ~ a spot I hold dearly in my heart.