{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

for my ears
***
the soothing, centering hum of my singing bowl
I have a little ritual that I do when I enter Sparrow Studio in the morning...
I light a candle, place my singing bowl in the palm of my left hand and let it sit there for a moment or two to warm to my body temperature. Holding the mallet in my right hand, I gently strike the rim of the bowl and outstretch my arm around the entire room.
Namaste 
for my eyes
***
reading
in a quiet corner of the garden
(mama Robin is nesting just behind me and I find myself glancing up from the pages
to check on her and smile)
for my mouth
***
freshly baked cookies
for my soul
***
making wishes
for my hands
***
clipping flower heads and leaves of all shapes and sizes
and adding them to my flower press
This week I sat and wrote out letters & made a few little pressed flower tags to slip inside
for my feet
***
walking
walk and touch peace every moment
walk and touch happiness every moment
each step brings a fresh breeze
each step makes a flower bloom
kiss the earth with your feet
bring the earth your love and happiness
the earth will be safe
when we feel safe in ourselves
~Thich Nhat Hanh~ 
~carve out time for reflection~ 
xo 

No comments: