{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, July 9, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday

for my ears
***
today's choice... Gordon Lightfoot 
for my eyes
***
this lovely little wooden tag was attached to my birthday flowers in January from my grandsons.
 I keep it hanging from one of the cupboards in the kitchen
next to the sink so that I can look at it every day!

"If you are always trying to be normal,
you will never know how amazing you can be"
~Maya Angelou~
for my mouth
***
the cherry tomatoes are ready for picking
I simply walk onto the deck, pick a few, rinse and sprinkle with S & P ~ yum

I like my products
like I like my people...
non toxic
for my soul
***
watching the prayer flags in our garden dance in the breeze
I visualize them taking all my positive thoughts, love & well wishes to the heavens 
xo
for my hands
***
a love letter written in Italian found in a box I had forgotten about
... Painting a little bird for the envelope
so he can carry the love on his wings 

"Forever
is composed
of  nows"
~Emily Dickinson~
"I will not give up the flowers in my heart for stones
just because the world is a hard place.
The world is only hard because it needs more flower hearted people"
~Nikita Gill~
for my feet
***
barefoot walking/grounding/earthing
and ((hugging)) beautiful wise old trees
reflecting
***
"There is no controlling life.
Try corralling a lightening bolt, containing a tornado.
Dam a stream and it will create a new channel.
Resist, and the tide will sweep you off your feet.
Allow, and grace will carry you to higher ground.
The only safety lies in letting it all in -
The wild and the weak, fear,
fantasies, failures and success.
When loss rips off the doors of the heart,
or sadness veils your vision with despair,
practice becomes simply bearing the truth
in the choice to let go of your known way of being,
the whole world is revealed to your new eyes"
~Danna Faulds~ 

No comments: