{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful {things I love} Thursday...

Lately our garden has seen more squirrels than birds.

Each morning we have 6-8 squirrels scurrying around on the deck, pergola, fence, and of course, at the feeders.

It seems the garlands I made to decorate all the garden hooks have come in handy as little resting spots :-)

The sunflower seeds were intended for the red cardinals. We have a pair that stop by daily.
I left for a minute to make my tea, and when I sat back down at the kitchen table, noticed that the garland must have given way. That was on the ground, but someone didn't seem to be too bothered!


We sat amazed at this little guys acrobatic skills.
When you get into a tight place


and everything goes against you,


till it seems as though you could not hang on


a minute longer,


never give up then,


for it is just the place and time


that the tide will turn


~Harriet Beecher Stowe~
There ... isn't that easier!

5 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Hello Deb!
Happiest of New Year wishes to you!
I worry that there are more squirrels at our feeders. Does that mean that they cannot forge for themselves and have become too domesticated by our feeders.Did they learn this skill from their mothers who also did so. I see the same here in my woods. When I arrived the squirrels basically fed off the woodlands however since naturegirl and all her bird feeders arrived they seem to hang out at my feeders more and more! I won't be here in the harsh winter!!
Yes I have stopped spoiling them for now.
Very few birds here over the colder temps??
We're off to sunny skies this weekend!!!
hugs Anna

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You have black squirrels! I think they are so beautiful. Here we mostly have gray squirrels. There is one fox squirrel that visits. I always wonder where it's family is located. Gray squirrels are notorious for chasing away other squirrels. Gotta love 'em even though they are destructive and bird seed hogs.

Kelly said...

Isn't it fun to watch nature's exuberance! The photos are great, Deb.

Smultron på ett strå said...

Lovely friends you have, birds are also nice, but this fellow... just too cute! //hugs maria

Donna said...

Happy New Year, Deb! Oh yes, we're being entertained by our squirrels too. They are fun to watch. Love the photos you captured, and I love the quote.

Many blessing this year,
Hugs,
Donna