{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Texture Tuesdays...

The prompt/theme this week for Texture Tuesday is Story.
 My Life...
Kim Klassen Texture: Grow
***
I created a fabric journal a few years ago using a cereal box as the base, covering it in bits and pieces of left over fabric  and embellished  the cover with vintage ribbons, lace and buttons.
Inside, I made pockets ~little spots to hold journal pages. sketches and quotes .
Save the Page...
Kim Klassen Texture: Chamomile
***
A little paper heart holds the page for me ♥

Linking with Texture Tuesdays.

10 comments:

Cathy said...

soft and lovely! your heart of words look nice against the book : )

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Both are beautiful. Great texture work too. Kind regards, Synnöve

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Once again I am finding myself catching up, while I have my morning coffee.

I have enjoyed a look at your past posts. The Chickadee photo is amazing. I can't imagine having that happen! Beautiful!

Loved looking at your textures. It has been awhile since I did anything with texture. I should get back to doing that again.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Sweet.

Cindy said...

I love this - text, hearts, fabric...all my favorite old things....and your processing looks great! Glad you linked up so I could come visit because I am loving all your quotes and poems too!

Pat Mark said...

Both very clever and creative ideas. Love them both.

Inger Marie said...

Hello Deb:)..Thank you for nice and warm words...Gina was 13 years...
always sad too loose a good frend...
Take care,Deb:)))

Q said...

So very pretty.
Full use in beautiful ways.
I love the way you made hearts from old pages. I have an old paperback dictionary that is falling to pieces...I think I will make some hearts!
Thanks for the inspiration.
Sherry

Deb said...

Thank you for all your sweet comments ~
Pat ~ I'd love to see your photos with textures ♥
Cindy ~ I noticed we were both published in the SAME Cloth Paper Scissors magazine issue :-)I was unable to leave you a comment on your blog though.
Sherry, you will love making the little hearts - they are quite addictive. I had enough left over last year to create a Valentine banner which I'll hang up again this year :-)

Esther said...

A lovely heart and inspirational verse!