{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, March 21, 2011

Welcoming Spring ...

The first Sparrow of Spring!
The year beginning with younger hope than ever!
What at such a time
are histories, chronologies, traditions, and all written revelations?
The brooks sing carols
and glees to the Spring
~Henry David Thoreau~
***
Thankfully we don't have to wait until Spring for the Sparrows to arrive in our garden, but we were thrilled to spot our first Robin :-)
On our walk to the park this morning, Ernie & I spotted 12 Robins! Now that says Spring to me.
All the snow has disappeared & now comes rain.
I'm looking for the slightest sign of life in the garden under our kitchen window - that's where the crocus are :-)

3 comments:

Ms. ~K said...

I had to mow the lawn this weekend...way too early for that! I am looking forward to the return of the hummingbirds.
Hugs and belly rubs to Ernie,
~K

Lallee said...

I told all the robins to go back home because they were making too big a mess ;-) I'm glad to hear they made it safely. Enjoy the new season.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Spring is so exciting. I had the first bumble bee yesterday, then came a wasp. The garden is awakening.