{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, December 10, 2010

Snowmen ...



I ♥ love ♥ Snowmen.

These little battery operated flickering tea candles are perfect. I use to keep a regular tea candle in this holder but now, I can turn on the light and enjoy it all through the evening without worry :-) He's tucked into a book shelf I have in the kitchen.

Each year, we all get a new ornament for the Christmas tree ...

I have lots of little snowmen.

I painted this folk art picture on a chalk board years ago.

Snowmen just hangin' around everywhere ...

Part of my Dicken's collection ...

Blown glass snowmen ...

tucked in amongst the needlepoint pillows ...
I made the Nutcracker needlepoint pillow about 20 years ago.

Snowmen on the kitchen table...

More in the Christmas tree...

I love their happy faces ...

and wide open arms ...
but mostly, I love all the special memories each holds ♥

May no gift be too small

to give

nor too simple to receive

which is wrapped

in thoughtfulness

and tied with love

~L .O. Baird~

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Enjoyed seeing all your snowmen :-) Happy Christmas, Deb!