{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Thanksgiving walk . . .

Keep Calm

Autumn is here!

The most gorgeous weather over the Thanksgiving weekend and a long country walk was in order.
fresh air * spectacular colours * trees and birds and chipmunks * wide open space
"It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust
of brown sugar and cinnamon"
-sarah addison allen-

... and we had a lovely apple cobbler waiting at home :-) 

bright sunshine capture
I am a magnet to the trees :-D 

just look at this beauty - it took our breath away! 
"Love the trees

until their leaves fall off

then encourage them to try again next year

-Chatt Sugg-

lifelong tree hugger
"Delicious Autumn!

My very soul is wedded to it,

and if I were a bird

I would fly about the earth

seeking the successive Autumns"

-George Eliot-


reflections


the leaves are falling

as though they are in love

with the ground


~my favourite season~

 

2 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Gorgeous photos. I too love this season. Hope you have a great day.

Deb said...

thank you so much Debbie - I love everything about Autumn - glad you do too! This is a sentimental spot for us ... we would walk with Archer here every weekend ... I feel his presence here. Wishing you a wonderful day as well.