{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, April 25, 2022

Sparrow Studio snippets . . .

Happy Monday!

I have lots happening here in the studio ... projects completed and new ones to begin, so first a tidy up was in order. Since the camera was already out, I took the opportunity to take a few photos of things that caught my eye. 

Framing mats 
My painting Sangtuary is on the CD cover of the fabulous musical duo Sweetbird
Meditation beads  created
 with heart shaped stones I've found on my morning/afternoon
 mindful beach walks
Having my illustration Soulful Whispers chosen for the Premiere Issue of The Coloring Studio in 2016 was a dream come true! Somerset Studio kindly sent me a box of gorgeous coloring sheets printed on heavy cardstock at the time .  I would add one to my print orders as a little extra "thank you" . 
I just recently framed the one I put aside for myself :-) 
My little meditation spot with singing bowl * candles * sage * incense * feathers and other treasures.   
I change things a bit  with the seasons, adding flowers picked from our garden, place found treasures from walks, but the above mentioned items always stay there.

Twinkle lights are always on and music that changes depending on my mood is always playing in the background - at the moment it's smooth jazz . . .  Dianne Reeves * Gregory Porter * Mavis Staples * 
My painting cloths become their own works of art!
"Art is the expression of the profoundest thoughts in the simplest way" 
-Albert Einstein-
Every little thing holds sentimental meaning to me 

"Practice any art, music, singing, dancing, active drawing,
 painting, sculpture, poetry, fiction, essays, reportage.
No matter how well or badly,
 not to get money and fame,
 but to experience becoming,
 to find out what's inside you,
 to make your soul grow. 
 Seriously! 
 I mean starting right now,
 do art and do it for the rest of your life"
 -Kurt Vonnegut-

Have a wonderful day!
d xo
 

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous I love all you share

Deb said...

Thank you so much! Your visit and lovely comment is so appreciated. Have a wonderful day.