{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, October 26, 2020

that lived* that loved* that liked* that looked with cheer ...



I save my brushes.

The worn and bent, twisted out of shape bristles.

Not only do they create the most gorgeous brush markings (especially wonderful for creating fur strokes), but each one holds a story. From the finest, most delicate  to the big chunky brushes that I use when painting on a large canvas, each one is filled with memories.
that lived * that loved* that liked * that looked with cheer look
My studio companions all pilled up in a wooden caddy (with a heart shape in the holder.... of course)
Years and years of  holding on to my paint and stories ,,, Thank you!

"Looking behind I am filled with gratitude.

Looking forward I am filled with vision.

Looking up I am filled with strength.

Looking within I discover peace"

~Q'ero Tribe~ 


 "Creation is a need,

a call to the life of ideas"

~Mary Kerr~

***

happy Monday

x d

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Nothing like a gathering of old friends.
Have a great week.

Deb said...

hello Lisa ~ such a lovely way of putting it ... yes, they do feel like old friends.