{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, October 1, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

for my ears

the sound of soothing water
{and happy, happy birds splashing about}

for my eyes 

the colours of the leaves are changing ... oh what a glorious sight they are! 

 for my soul

early morning walks and fog

walking gently on the Earth

for my mouth

I treated myself to a food processor a couple of weeks ago. A sale was on and after years and years of chopping (which I actually enjoy), I decided to finally purchase one.
I love making soups and plan on eating lots of them through Autumn and Winter. Tonight's is going to be red lentil which I haven't made before and looking forward to tasting. I've already made the bread (brown bread with cornmeal and molasses) for dipping! 
for my hands

a pocket full of peanuts for the squirrels and chipmunks.
I had quite the giggle a few days ago. Archer and I were walking along quietly and slowly when out of the corner of my eye I spotted what I thought was a skunk digging for grubs.  Archer is deaf and his sight isn't the best but the two of us manage to communicate. I will stroke his face to get his attention & I certainly wanted his attention :-)
As we crossed the street, I realized that it was in fact a squirrel ... one with a leaf on it's back!!! 
for my feet

this gorgeous bridge, the view of the lake on one side, woods on the other

black capped chickadees that will feed from your hands * swans, ducks and geese * squirrels and chipmunks galore. It is a little slice of heaven at my feet.

happy October!
d xx
 

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I quake at even the thought of Annie getting caught by a skunk. Oh my what a mess. Love seeing this list of calm thoughtful things to be Thankful for. Have a great weekend.

Deb said...

hello Lisa ~ touch wood, it hasn't happened to Archer either although we have come close! Hope you are having a great weekend too.

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Wonderful photos Deb. They make my soul happy.

Deb said...

hello Andrea ~ hope you are well! So lovely to see you had stopped by ~ thank you for your kind words. Happy October.