{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Wednesday, May 20, 2020

world bee day 2020 ...

Happy World Bee Day
~ I spent the majority of the day in the garden making wreaths and had a lovely bumble bee visit my potting table! He was very interested in the pussy willow I had in bundles and I stepped away for a bit while he had a nose around ~ 
I call him Burt ;-D

Sadly, the bee population has been in decline for years... I can remember seeing bees all the time, and now, just having one in the garden is a thrill! 
Essential to a healthy environment, 1/3 of the food we eat relies on pollination mostly by bees.

If you spot a solitary bee unmoving on the ground, chances are it is exhausted and in need of a little pick me up.
I've made this little sugar solution a few times upon finding tired bees in our garden and it works beautifully. To see them sip the solution and re-gain their strength is a wonderful sight!
Bee-Love
Tired Bees Solution
***
2 Tbsp white granulated sugar
1 Tbsp water
 place on a spoon beside bee within easy reach
"Our greatest gift 
and our deepest wounds
reside in the same area"
~Michael Meade~ 
~from my journal~
We have an all natural, wild cottage style garden.
No chemicals at all *perennial  flowers that birds, bees, butterflies  and bugs love ...
  Lots of spots to splash in and drink at various heights.
Birdbaths and little dishes of fresh water, a pond, nesting boxes, feeders galore.
Fences covered in trumpet vine and wisteria, our pergola is covered in honeysuckle vine and usually has a nesting turtle dove or robin. 
~wild and free~ 
I hope you spot a bee (or two) today.
deb~bee
xo

No comments: