{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, March 16, 2020

Mindful ...

Being mindful of the recent news unfolding, I have put my Etsy shop on "Vacation mode".
All orders/purchases have been posted and on their way to new homes. I hope they bring all the love and joy painting them gave me.
Thank you so much for all the support of my Art. It is truly appreciated.

Yesterday, my morning walk with Archer was certainly "different". Not a car on the road as we walked. We were the only ones in the park (Archer was looking for his friends).  A cool and windy morning, the brisk wind had the trees waving, the leaves dancing, birds singing (red winged black birds had so much to say), I found a sparrow feather, visited long loved Oak trees (ones I have visited for 35 years now) and walked amongst some of the largest fallen acorns I've ever seen. Comfort found in Nature.
I walked the labyrinth , returned home and finished "with each step".
Baked a spinach lasagna, made whole wheat bread and cornbread, put on a pot of coffee , listened to the soothing voice of Gregory Porter, danced in the warmth of my kitchen,  lit candles, set a pretty table... said a prayer xo

With each step
***
I walked the labyrinth today
A slow, methodical pace
Each step brought me back to myself
As I honored this mystical space.

One foot in front of the other
Maneuvering all the twists and turns
Taking in the moment mindfully
Acknowledging what I was here to learn.

As I walked towards the center
and stopped to look around
all the "hidden messages" were inside me all along
just waiting for the silence to be found.

Walking back, retracing my steps, things seem clearer now
I say my "Thank you" from where I stand
In gratitude, I bow my head.
In respect, I cup my hands.
~deb dunn~

If there's a print that speaks to you while my Etsy shop is in "staycation mode" just send me a little email and I will make note of it. When Vintage Sparrow Studio starts back up again, I will let you know.
Be Well friends,
love deb & the sparrows
xo

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

There is certainly less traffic here too. Be well...

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ thank you for your visit ~
I hope you are well and finding lots of lovely things to do. I just finished putting together some seed and dried fruits and nuts and feeding the birds. The blue jays have been demanding my attention and thankfully we have a large bag of peanuts to keep them happy :-)