{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Saturday, January 4, 2020

Happy New Year ...


As the last few days of December neared, my thoughts went to choosing my "word" for the New Year.  Keeping really busy, I hadn't thought too much about it until after Christmas and Boxing Day had passed and I had some time to myself. Some years it comes to me early ... one of my favourite
"words" in past years was *flow* and that year, it turned out that it was exactly what I needed to do ... go with the flow. 
No resolutions for me this year. I am choosing however to live in the *now* - not pressuring
myself with musts or wants or shoulds ... and with that mindset, my "word" came to me.
Be
I had been sitting quietly, candles lit, music playing in the background and Archer by my side, journaling. Looking down at the page I saw the words I'd written *believe* belief* beach* become*because* being * begin* {ironically, not behave :-D} 
 I had been  playing "Let it Be" on my ukulele for the past few days as well ... just waiting for me to *notice* I suppose.
So there it was ... my 2020 word ~ be

Happy New Year!
A new decade ...
12 brand new chapters to be written...
365 new chances … 
May each one be filled with love, peace, laughter & joy
deb xo


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Funny your should write about your word for this year. I have been stewing about that. Maybe I should just let go and something will come to me.
Love your painting. Happy and productive new year to you.

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ thank you ... Happy New Year!