{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, November 28, 2019

Painting * Journaling & Plays

~Rejoice~
I loved every moment painting this precious scene
& used a very fine tipped brush to create the tiniest of details
~The gifts I bring~
Father Christmas and a menagerie of Woodland animals who find comfort & joy in the warmth of a 
warm and magical cloak
As we get near the end of November, my art journal is almost full ...
the pages have been filled with ticket stubs and programs, brochures ,
quotes and of course lots of woodland animals :-D
We are in each other's lives for a reason...
thank you for showing up.
"An invisible thread
connects those who are destined to meet,
regardless of time, place or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle,
but it will never break"
~Ancient Chinese Belief~
"Some beautiful paths
can't be discovered without 
getting lost"
~Erol Ozan~
I created these 2 pages after watching the Santa Claus parade with my grandsons ~ all bundled up with a tin of homemade cookies on our lap :-D 
the best way to ease into the holidays
We went to see Irving Berlin's Holiday Inn at the Shaw Festival, Niagara On The Lake.
It was absolutely wonderful filled with lots of tap dancing (I love tap dancing) and many fabulous musical numbers such as 
steppin' out with my baby* the little things in life * blue skies  * be careful, it's my heart * cheek to cheek* & the famous *white Christmas*
Now to add it to my art journal :-D

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You have been having way too much fun. Love your sketches.
Cheers and have a nice weekend.

Deb said...

thanks Lisa :-D
Have a great weekend!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your paintings are enchanting as always, Deb! And the play sounds wonderful. I love the move Holiday Inn. I also love the old movies with the supper clubs and tap dancing. Fred and Ginger! They don't make them like that anymore!

Jane❤️

Deb said...

hi Jane ~ thank you so much!
happy December xo